Saturday, October 5, 2013

One Month in Japan

The first month Japan went by in a big blur.  I went through the days in a bit of a fog.  It was like I was inside someone else and sort of experiencing their life.  I arrived, started training the next day at an after school program and the day after that I started working.  Two weeks after that I started my second part of my job at an elementary school.  So much to take in.  After a month, well I just didn't know what was what.  But then... dun dun dunnn..... AET hiking trip.  
What is an AET?  Assistant English Teacher.  I work for a private company but most of the AET's that I have met are from the Mito AET program, a public school program.  They meet regularly and try to plan events for their teachers.  I was blessed to meet some of them at the Mito Church of Christ where I now attend services. These kind folk invited me to join in on the camping trip.  Eee!  Making friends.  
I was nervous because making friends is hard.  I am thankful for confidant people who are friendly and good at starting conversation.  Art of conversation is a great skill. 
I ended up in a van with some people and we had a pleasant trip up Mount Tsukuba.  The hike was beautiful.  One of the things that tickled me was the way most people were dressed: hiking uniform.  I know, you wear hiking clothes to go hiking but I mean you just knew people were there to hike.  Its something you would have to experience to understand.
As I'm writing this I really wish I had written this much earlier because I have forgotten so many things from that day and on a candy/sugar rush.  So enjoy the pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment