Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Work

I work for a company called Lily Academy Group.  This company is an educational group ranging from daycare to vocational training.  Due to privacy, I am not allowed to take personal photographs and post online.  And of coarse it would not be professional to mention certain things on the web.

To satisfy your curiosity I'll give you some info.  Once again, I work for Lily Academy Group, a private company. I teach at a couple Kindergartens, an elementary school, and at an after school English program.  Below you will find a link to the company website.  Turn on your Google translate to read the info.

Teaching has been a growing experience.  A co-worker said this about teaching:  As the children grow, you will grow also.  True.  Teaching has tested my patience, creativity, and well really all of me.  There have been times when I have asked myself if I really do love to work with children or if I just said that without thinking.  I can say, I do love working with children.  Yes, there have been times when I have wanted to run out of the classroom and across the ocean back to OKC, but then again a child's happiness makes the world all the better.  Seeing my students enjoying life motivates me to keep doing good work, to not give up.

Three months after being here, I started thinking about being here a second year.  I knew the decision would have to be made and it was difficult, more difficult than applying for the initial job.    Already I had missed out on birthday parties, celebrations, and other events in my loved ones lives.  I had talks with my friends and prayer.  It was one of those decisions where there was not one good decision.  But I decided for another year here if they will have me.

Making the decision helped me continue getting settled here.  In a way, I was looking towards the day I returned to the US.  It's hard to be present when you heart missing home.  Now, I have started to make my apartment more of home and also making room in my heart for the people of Japan.







It's the little things that start making a place a home. :)  




So proud of myself when I put up the shelf.  It has fallen down several times since then.  Hehe.  



My chair


http://www.lilyacademy.jp/index_e.html


No comments:

Post a Comment