Friday, April 5, 2013

My Apartment

Wow.  My apartment now is fancier than the apartments I have had back in the US.  For example, the heated toilet seat with wash options.  Hehe.  It was so hard not to giggle and blush like crazy when someone was kindly trying to explain the buttons.  Oh the water heating keypad that I cannot read so my hosts set if for me.  They also set the heating buttons but I accidentally hit a button and they had to fix it for me (sorry!).  Also, the upstairs and a camera for the front door when the doorbell button is used.  Well, lets get to the pictures.  We shall see how many I can actually post on here. 

This is what you will see when you walk in.  I'm standing in the place where you remove your shoes and put on your house slippers.  The apartment is narrow but has two floors. 


After you enter on the left if the wash area.  There is the sink.  And right beside it is the bath area.  I have a shower and a tub.  I wash off and then can put my clean self in the tub.  I can either fill the tub every time I get in or leave the water in there and just re-heat it. 




Walk forward and you will see the stairs on the left, keep going and there is the washer next to my bedroom.  At this time I have not attempted to wash clothing.  It may be a while.  Also, I don't have a dryer.  I am supposed to wash my clothes and hand it to dry outside on a warm day.  That's how it done here. 


Almost forgot The fancy toilet.  :)  It's in the hallway, on the opposite side of the washer.  Notice the faucet on the top of the tank.  It runs, you wash your hand, and the water goes into the tank.  Awesome. 




My bedroom!!!!  It pretty bare right now but no worries.  Next week I am going to start furnishing my apartment.  I have the traditional Japanese bed, a futon.  The second picture has it all folded up and close up to show you details.  I unfold it at night then in the morning fold it all back up.  Starting at the bottom:  extra padding since I have a hard floor and its cold, followed by the mattress, a big blanket, a medium blanket, and last a thin blanket (not flat sheets).  The third picture is what I see if I open up my curtain and glass doors.  See the rod across the top with the clips?  That is where I will hang my clothes. 

From the top of the stairs looking down.  I'm going to fall people, I just know it.  Maybe Ill be near the bottom when that happens. 



 
The Kitchen Area.  The trash has to be divided and set out on certain days.  Third picture is a view from the kitchen window. 
 

 
 


The living room and a view from the window .  I like the views :)
 


And the controls/remotes!!!!  The first one is for the water.  If I want hot water I need to turn this on.  The second one is for the heat and air wall unit.  It is set on a timer right now and turns off after three hours.  The third picture is of the camera for the front door, fun no?
 
That my apartment :)  Hope you liked the tour and didn't mind the mess.     I will leave you will some pictures of the cherry blossom trees. I walk underneath these on my way to and from work.  Already the blossoms are starting to fall so I need to enjoy them while I can.  Until later :)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment